Before you begin your application, please note:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit an application.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly.
- You can view Submittable's Terms and Conditions for submitters and their GDPR Policy.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at email@example.com
Grant for the Web is a $100M fund to boost open, fair, and inclusive standards and innovation in Web Monetization. Learn more.
The web is suffocating under a broken business model. Its economic engine is driven by invasive advertising, data trafficking, AI-generated recommendations, and site-by-site subscriptions.
All of us suffer the consequences, but independent creators and publishers face a particular set of challenges from omnipotent platforms and opaque algorithms that reward clicks, not quality.
We believe that better business models can be built within the very fabric of the web itself, starting with the browser.
Grant for the Web aims to build monetization natively into the web by funding the innovation and growth of an open technology stack featuring the Web Monetization standard and the Interledger Protocol – tools that allow small quantities of money to stream in real-time as you browse the web.
This Second Chance call for proposals will fund projects that contribute to an ecosystem of web monetized content, users, tools, and infrastructure.
What we are looking for in Second Chance applications
We are looking for a demonstrated evolution and maturation of the ideas outlined in your first application based on feedback, research, further experimentation, and learning.
Applying to the Second Chance call for proposals
Please make sure you are eligible for this opportunity before you apply. Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be reviewed.
- Only individuals associated with proposals that were rejected from our original call for proposals that ran from April - June 2020 will be allowed to submit an application.
- Lead applicants, people listed as a team member, or people named in the "who will do the work" section from applications submitted in our first call for proposals are eligible.
- Your project must be linked to the idea in the original proposal. You can not submit a brand new idea. The purpose of this Second Chance is to support the evolution and maturation of ideas based on feedback, research, further experimentation, and learning.
- Successful projects must execute their work in the 6-month period between May and October 2021. We are not funding other timelines with this opportunity.
Deadline to submit: February 1, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) Pacific.