Before you begin your application, please note:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit an application.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly.
- You can view Submittable's Terms and Conditions for submitters and their GDPR Policy.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant for the Web is a $100M fund to boost open, fair, and inclusive standards and innovation in Web Monetization. Learn more.
The web is suffocating under a broken business model. Its economic engine is driven by invasive advertising, data trafficking, AI-generated recommendations, and site-by-site subscriptions.
All of us suffer the consequences, but independent creators and publishers face a particular set of challenges from omnipotent platforms and opaque algorithms that reward clicks, not quality.
We believe that better business models can be built within the very fabric of the web itself, starting with the browser.
Grant for the Web aims to build monetization natively into the web by funding the innovation and growth of an open technology stack featuring the Web Monetization standard and the Interledger Protocol – tools that allow small quantities of money to stream in real-time as you browse the web.
This initial public Call for Proposals will fund projects that contribute to an ecosystem of web monetized content, users, tools, and infrastructure.
Applying to the Call for Proposals
Before beginning your application, we recommend taking this 2-minute eligibility questionnaire. If you have questions, check out the FAQ. If you still have questions, visit the Community Forum to discuss the grant opportunity with other creators and technologists.
Thank you for your interest in Grant for the Web!